Saturday, August 19, 2017

8 years old

Daniel blows out his birthday cupcake
years ago with Shanna
Allie who just got her staples removed from her head injury
Daniel and his siblings in Chicago last week

When I used to make  photo calendars, August 18. 19 and 20 would all be filled in: Daniel's birthday followed by Josh and Julia's anniversary followed by Naomi and Don'tae's anniversary. The marriages are no more.

Summer is leaving. It is dark when I wake up. No more bicycling before 6 am. The wrens have fledged so the parent wrens no longer attack the chipmunks on the nearby feeders though the chipmunks were getting used to being pecked as they ran off with the food. The hummingbird wars have become more intense.

Shanna had various relatives over to help celebrate Daniel's birthday last night. Lots of kids running around. The night before, Josh and Allie went out to dinner with us. It has been a while since I saw Ms. Hannah.

It was a cool morning to run which is how I like it. Much easier to go faster. and then I biked. I saw deer during both times on different sections of Cherryhill Road. I didn't see any during the entire week we were up north but they are all over the place here.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Running and biking? No wonder you are disappearing...
And yes, cooler weather makes it a lot easier to do things.

Followers

Blog Archive