Thursday, May 4, 2017

The return of the hummingbird

This is him from last year. I assume the same ones return to the same spot. He came back about 4 days later than last year. The females will come in a couple of weeks
tulips in a raised bed where the rabbits don't go. They love to nibble on my other tulips
bleeding hearts at sunrise

What a miserable day! Cold and non-stop rain. I went out early this morning when the radar showed our area as light green as opposed to the dark green it will be the rest of the day. Yesterday I was able to bike on the only warm, dry windless day. It is like early March outside except now the humming birds  are back, or at least one is. I have 3 feeders out with one next to my bedroom window so I can see them up close.

It has been 7 months now since I began my program, 56 pounds as of last week but then some came back. Very frustrating! I was running down through the woods yesterday when it looked like a van was going to run into me. No, she just wanted to say how much better I look. She has been watching my progress. Never saw her before. How much longer can I keep this up? Maybe another month?

I finally had a talk with the neighbor whose discards I have been picking up including the 7 foot sailfish, walnut mirror, French provincial chair in perfect condition, and many other assorted items. She has been trying to sell her house. She gives each realtor a few months to do it and then fires them. She is on her fourth realtor. I wish I had fired our realtor when it was obvious she wasn't going to do anything. Why is she moving? Her house is too big for one person. Where's her husband? He died last year, don't I know that? He was only 60. No I didn't know that. I know very little what is going on here.

Next week Steve and I go up north for a mini-vacation. So far, it looks like it will be dry though cold. As long as it is dry.

I still spend much of the night listening to podcasts, many trying to figure out how the country has suddenly turned for the worst just like that. Why didn't we see this coming? And how divided we are.

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I don't think I could listen to the podcasts. These days I find it hard to watch the news.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Especially depressing today. How callous and short sighted the powers that be are!

Kat&Chris said...

good job on the weight loss, Sue! It has been nice following your progress..especially nice in light of all the unpleasantness out there.
Kathy

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Thanks Kathy. I guess you will see for yourself in a few weeks when you come to town for the baking class. Can't wait to see you! It's been a long, long time.

Followers

Blog Archive