Sunday, July 28, 2019

From Dutch to Deutsch

One of the moms stopped over with these beautiful lilies and a basket full of soothing treats

Josh and Julie have been away for 4 days in New Hampshire for a wedding. They have half of a cabin,a full schedule of dinner cruises ,jet skiing paddle boarding

Despite us living in the country, we do have artists. Went to a very local art fair yesterday. These chains, which I bought some of, are carved from single pieces of wood

Josh was a groomsman thus the tuxedo

walking a bridesmaid down the aisle

I resumed biking. Not waiting a month. Beautiful sunrise, lots of deer

early morning sun back lighting floowers
I continue to heal. I stopped the heavy duty narcotics 2.5 days ago so I could have a glass of wine with a friend, drive and bicycle. The pain, quite sharp if I move incorrectly, is all on one side now so I can sleep on the other side (bad hip has disappeared again). Coughing brings on pain. As my throat is still irritated by them jamming that breathing tube down my throat, it is hard to stop. Does biking hurt it? No. Going from lying down to sitting up is much much worse. I am trying to deaden the pain with smaller than prescribed ibuprofen. Worried that it as it has in the past, will cause a stomach ulcer. I had been trying to walk for exercise. If I sped up, I would feel my abdomen. Not enjoyable but I am glad I can bike though I'm sure the doctor would not approve.  I have had a few visitors which I greatly appreciate as I is no fun being cooped up here.

As it appears that I won't be dying soon, I am planning a get away with Steve, who has been left home for three of my adventures. They had a 'use your mile's sale with 3  options: London, Dublin or Munich. Munich is conveniently next to Austria, Czech Republic, Lichtenstein and Switzerland. We will concentrate on the first two  I have since abandoned Dutch to review German, which I had in college.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

I am glad you are feeling better. Take it as easy as you can though - and enjoy the trip away.

Followers

Blog Archive