Thursday, September 22, 2022

The Black Forest

 Our last day of the cruise, we took a bus tour through the Black Forest. It was raining half the time.  We stopped at some touristy place where they showed us how to make a Black Forest cake giving us a recipe which I made for the moms a few weeks later


I have a very mixed background though l am entirely Northern European. I am about 25% German. Of my German ancestors half came from this region so I probably come from the Alemanni that we learned about 

Cute village through a rainy window 
Beer steins galore 
Our tourist stop was near the highest spot in the Forest
Switchbacks 

The next day at the three country airport serving France Switzerland and Germany. We had to get up at 4 am in Basel to catch our flight. We were lucky: all our flights were on time. others had to go through hell
Smokers
Very expensive cuckoo clocks


Last dinner



Cherry orchard 
Black Forest cake
Artistic glass
We skirted Freiburg which Steve and I visited 19 years ago

Well I am finally done with that trip. We will return to Europe in 6 weeks 

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive