Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Wine advent calendars

 

From the web: where I run there are few people to observe me and no thanks to the cold, not much is exposed but I've run in Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods in NYC during the summer where even my exposed hair is taboo much less my legs which attract dirty looks
A nice sunset through a screen as I was too lazy to go outside


How to amuse myself when Covid continues to rise (thanks to trump and his superspreader events and those who worship him by steadfastedly refusing to mask up)? Family dinners are out Meetings with friends are out except by zoom which I really don't find satisfying. I continue to learn languages, two thirds through Spanish. Netflix and its ilk at night. Just finished The Queens' Gambit, Biohackers and The Crown during the past two weeks. I have been buying wine advent calendars where you are given 24 bottles of different wines to open up each day. I missed out on the best calendar, the Costco2 which features obscure wines from around the world so I settled for the Aldi one, which are all California ones. This is by no means a cost effective way of buying wine, costs at least twice as much per ounce as the 'good' wines I usually buy but you can try stuff you normally do not and if you limit oneself to one little bottle per day, portion control.

We had our first snow Sunday which part of it is still on the ground. I tried to run in it but too slippery. True we now have a treadmill but they make me dizzy. I ran for more than 90 minutes the next day up and down very muddy hills to make up for my sloth. Once it gets above freezing, maybe at noon, I will bike. My toes are the most vulnerable. I have thick wool sox covered with baggies but still they are numb if I am out for more than an hour

I did get my covid hair chomped off. It hadn't been so long since Shanna was a baby and it was tangling too easily. I hadn't got a haircut since my stylist died. I tried a student from a high end school. She was nice and the hair looks ok.


How fast can we get those vaccines? At least Trump seems like he is conceding especially after his lawyer ranted like a crazy man in a press conference with his do it yourself dye job on his sideburns melted under the lights leaving black rivelets down his face. And then he blew his nose into a handkerchief and then wiped the snot all over his forehead. Trump's wining and dining of our top officials didn't buy him anything as our state certified the results yesterday.

So things are looking a bit brighter

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so glad that justice (and not the trumpian kind) appears to be prevailing.
We are told here that the first doses of vaccine will (hopefully) be issued early next year and that it will be available to everyone by the end of the year. Administering the vaccine is going to be a huge and complicated process.

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

We also have a huge population of antivaxers so it will be interesting.

Followers

Blog Archive