Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The pit of corn

Took Steve's brother and Maya to the local farm last night
she loved playing in the corn pit
my feet in the corn. Yep I need a pedicure
feeding the pygmy goats
milking the fake cow
me showing her how to do it
riding the pig
BIL unperturbed by fake crows. Maya would not go near them
Allie with butterfly wings
Zingermans's for the BIL yesterday
While we ate Korean
rainbow cookies fresh from Brooklyn
Northville the other day
Maya and her mom showing off their flexibility
from the internet


Cool, sunny days..the best. Steve's brother will stay with us until we leave dropping us off at the airport. The kids come with their kids to visit him. Monday, we went to Northville for lunch and yesterday, Kerrytown in Ann Arbor. We stopped at the wrapping paper store for my BIL to buy some old Brooklyn maps (which are sold as wrapping paper).

They also sold lots of greeting cards including a whole section for those who have cancer. Some examples:

I promise  never  to refer to your cancer as a journey unless you are actually taking a cruise.

I am so sorry I am ignoring you in your time of need but I don't know what to say.

WTF(for the second one)? I have heard of people neglecting their friends with cancer just because dealing with them makes them uncomfortable. A friend was told by a former friend that seeing her bald was just too depressing for her. But to make a card for this is unbelievable.

My friend after a very long absence, will try to come to the cooking class tonight for survivors.

We had Ms. Maya last night. As she had such a hard afternoon, we tried to do something special for her, thus the farm trip. Still too scared to take the train by herself. It was a beautiful night.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

That second card? It has the merit of truth. And so long as it was accompanied by some words of support I think it has a place. Too many people do simply disappear when they don't know what to say.

Followers

Blog Archive